Search The OiNKs! Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

All we can do is what we've always done.

I'm fairly sure that this is what I was meant to do with my life.
All I've ever done.
I may have done some other things but they were all meant as preparation for this very moment.
I wasn't ready until now.
I have put in my ten thousand hours.
In barrooms, dishrooms, classrooms.  Front lines and back docks all across this fine nation.
From Minnesota in February to August in Tampa.

A dishwasher in Sioux Falls once told me "Quod Sum Eris"
It wasn't until I bought a Latin phrasebook off a discount shelf in Bozeman that I found out what it meant.
You will become me.

More to follow..
Now I have to go scoop up a fussy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

OiNKs! BBQ